[Gllug] Fedora 16 Startup

Robert forums at binaryexistence.co.uk
Sun May 6 22:26:16 UTC 2012

On 06/05/12 21:51, Mick Farmer wrote:
> nm-connection-editor shows Wired-connection-1 and eth0 as available
> interfaces, but eth0 is shown as not activated while Wired-connection-1
> shows activation which agrees with my login time, etc.
>
> So, put simply, my OS is not using the appropriate script, but takes its
> own course of action.  I can't find where this is defined.
Who is Stuart just out of interest?

You can maybe delete wired-connection-1 from the list or stop network
manager from being the controller of your network connections, or even
just setup wired-connection-1 to have a static IP.

Do you have the following line in your ifcfg-eth0 file:
/ONBOOT=yes/

I believe the network service will look at all the ifcfg-* files found
in /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts and read them to see what action needs
to be taken.
you can try the follow command to see which have been brought up and
listed as active
/service network status

/Hopefully this should be correct and helpful.