[GLLUG] 2/ Hosting today

DL Neil gllug at getaroundtoit.co.uk
Sat Sep 29 22:23:17 UTC 2012

My nr1 msg today was requesting advice about moving to another
(traditional) hosting provider but has the world 'moved on' - should I
be looking at other ways of doing things?

I've looked at several VPS solutions, and aside from the effort of
building the server, the prices seem to be higher.

Because I'm still attending to family matters on the other side of the
world, with no return date in sight (I'll pause while you wipe your brow
and express relief), having someone else monitoring the server(s) and
attending to technical issues while I'm asleep, seems a better option.

Your thoughts?

--
Regards,
=dn