[GLLUG] Skype

pavithran pavithran.s at gmail.com
Tue Aug 13 15:37:21 UTC 2013

On 1 August 2013 23:30, John G Walker <johngeoffreywalker at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> Are there any problems running Skype on a Linux PC or does it just work?

As others have said :

If it works , it works
else it doesnt work . I had really bad experiences with skype spawning
process which couldnt be killed until a reboot . As long as the
process dies I wouldnt get access to sound via skype .

And yes its resource hungry , google voice did work well , but I am
really looking for a open voice client , something which uses clean
technology , I did try Jabber which did work .

Do people still remember ekiga ? Is there still chance for free software ?

Regards,
Pavithran

--
pavithran sakamuri