[GLLUG] Windows virtual machine - KVM vs XEN vs Virtualbox

DL Neil GLLUG at GetAroundToIt.co.uk
Mon Aug 26 09:28:37 UTC 2013

Dylan,

On 08/26/2013 08:33 PM, Jan Henkins wrote:
> While I'm not a Xen user, I am a heavy KVM user. I also use Virtualbox.
> From your usage scenario, I would use Virtualbox for its excellent 3D
> support. I don't like punting an Oracle product like this, but according
> to my knowledge this would be the most workable solution for your needs.
>
> Dylan <dylan at dylan.me.uk> wrote:
>     What are the pros and cons between KVM, XEN and Virtualbox for setting
>     up either WinXP or Vista in a VM? The guest system would only be used
>     occasionally for Windows-only applications (3D graphics editors)

+1

As a non-SysAdmin/NetAdmin type, I find that V.Box is easier to install
and manage.

Any efficiency concerns blur against my time/abilities.

Agree about Oracle, but then I use MySQL too (and have been known to
work with Oracle DB) so should I prepare to meet my doom?

--
Regards,
=dn