[GLLUG] Windows virtual machine - KVM vs XEN vs Virtualbox

Paul Hewlett phewlett76 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 26 09:36:22 UTC 2013

Hi Dylan

I have a w7 VM running under KVM. Installing the necessary virtio and spice
drivers on W7 is not straightforward and gives me the occasional black
screen.
I would agree with Jan et al - if you are only using it occasionally just
use Virtualbox - it's straightforward and performance is good.

Paul

On 26 August 2013 08:59, Dylan <dylan at dylan.me.uk> wrote:

> Hi All
>
> What are the pros and cons between KVM, XEN and Virtualbox for setting up
> either WinXP or Vista in a VM? The guest system would only be used
> occasionally for Windows-only applications (3D graphics editors)
>
> Thanks for any comments
>
> Dylan

Tel: +44 79 8532 7353
LinkedIn: http://uk.linkedin.com/pub/paul-hewlett/0/629/9b4