[GLLUG] GNOME Terminal becoming semi-maximised

Dave Crossland dave at lab6.com
Thu Feb 7 15:41:58 UTC 2013

On 7 February 2013 03:01, Phil Reynolds <phil-gllug at tinsleyviaduct.com> wrote:
> I'm sure I experienced this before, but I am currently using Debian wheezy with GNOME 3.
>
> Sometimes, I am either typing or performing a mouse operation when the Terminal window suddenly takes up half the screen. That is, full vertical and half horizontal. The Resize option on the Control menu is greyed out. I can Maximise to go full screen but Unmaximise only gets me back to the same state.
>
> How, from this odd situation, do I return to normal operation?

If you drag a window to the side of the screen, it will be positioned
in that way.

Windows can be maximised by dragging them to the top of the window, similarly.

Dragging the window into a new position will make it resume its previous size.

(This is also a feature of Windows 7+, I believe)

I don't know why this is mis-firing for you though; I it works
reliably for me and I like it :)