[GLLUG] GNOME Terminal becoming semi-maximised

John Winters john at sinodun.org.uk
Fri Feb 8 06:50:42 UTC 2013

On 08/02/13 00:06, Phil Reynolds wrote:
> On Thu, 7 Feb 2013 10:41:19 -0500
> Dave Crossland<dave at lab6.com>  wrote:
[snip]

>> I don't know why this is mis-firing for you though; I it works
>> reliably for me and I like it :)
>
> I'll have to see if it's undoable next time it happens. Yes, it may
> have its place - but it's not often I shall want it.

This behaviour can be turned off - although I regret I can't just now
remember how I managed it.  Take a look at the Advanced Settings add-in,
and the various Gnome plug-ins.

I'm growing to accept Gnome 3, but this does illustrate one of its
problems - it takes a lot of research to fix its slightly odd default
settings.

John