[GLLUG] Broadband/cable provider [OT]

Chris Bell chrisbell at chrisbell.org.uk
Mon Mar 4 21:59:35 UTC 2013

On Sat 09 Feb, John Winters wrote:

> BT have upgraded our exchange (700m away) to FTTC, but incredibly they
> haven't actually done the cabinets so we can't get it!

   The Harlesden exchange supplies much of Park Royal, (claimed to be the
largest business area in Europe???) yet the connection speeds are very low.
The exchange was upgraded and fibres installed a couple of years ago, but
the cabinets not connected. Individual companies are being charged very
large amounts to get Fibre To The Premises, so could it be that BT are
deliberately not providing FTTC so as to force companies to pay them more?

--
Chris Bell www.chrisbell.org.uk