[GLLUG] Broadband/cable provider [OT]

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Tue Mar 5 12:51:00 UTC 2013

On 03/05/2013 12:42 PM, James Hawtin wrote:
> Down on the crouch end exchange I too am sad to see the loss of BeThere to
> sky, and am not looking forward to being migrated to the Sky's network,
> which probably means loss of my static IP,migration to pppoA and worse

Consider yourself lucky... I have a bethere phone line + adsl, plus the
static IP. The only other option I have is BT (or anyone's really )
adsl-max package. There is no cable, no fttc or wimax or anything around
here really.

Not looking forward to the next few months..And this is when I had
finally made my peace with the 3.5mbps down link. This is inside the m25
in an area that had fttc rfc date of July 2010 originally.

- KB

--
Karanbir Singh