[GLLUG] Broadband/cable provider [OT]

James Hawtin oolon at ankh.org
Tue Mar 5 12:42:55 UTC 2013

> On Mon, 2013-03-04 at 22:06 +0000, Chris Bell wrote
> Even ADSL up here is a bit hit and miss, and Virgin cable is a bad
> joke.Now we find that BeThere are being sold to Sky....

Down on the crouch end exchange I too am sad to see the loss of BeThere to
sky, and am not looking forward to being migrated to the Sky's network,
which probably means loss of my static IP,migration to pppoA and worse
traffic shaping. We can get FTTC here however sadly very few offerings
provide a static IP with an unlimited offering. Only BTs expensive
Business or plusnet (Which is also BT).

I would be interested in suggestions for a replacement ISP.

James