[GLLUG] Broadband/cable provider [OT]

Christopher Hunter cehunter at gb-x.org
Wed Mar 6 06:45:40 UTC 2013

On Tue, 2013-03-05 at 21:02 +0000, John Winters wrote:

> > Be scored on all points.
>
> As do A&A in my experience, but if you're happy with Be why not stay
> with them?

The sad news is that Be has been bought by Sky.  That's very close to
being as bad as connecting to Virgin-on-the-ridiculous (the only other
local option).

Incidentally, Virgin now have the most restrictive download rules I've
ever seen. Download a couple of distributions in one day, and you'll
have your connection throttled for at least 24 hours - often longer.
They also sell your connection statistics to advertising companies and
restrict access to over a third of the web.

A&A charge a LOT compared to BeThere!

C.