[GLLUG] Broadband/cable provider [OT]

Nix nix at esperi.org.uk
Thu Mar 7 21:06:52 UTC 2013

On 6 Mar 2013, Mike Brodbelt uttered the following:

> On 05/03/13 23:36, James Courtier-Dutton wrote:
>
>> I looked at the A&A email policy.
>> If I subscribed to lkml, I would be charged 120pcm, as it would be
>> immediately a high user!
>> Does that sound right.
>
> I should clarify that I've never used them for mail provision, I just
> run my own mail server on their connection.

... which they not only support, they can provide fallback MX for such
people (heck, you can run your own DNS and use them as a secondary).

For those of us who've been burnt by broken services in the past, having
your ISP secondary for you rather than relying on them in the first
instance is perfect: you get to ignore temporary faults completely,
while if you have trouble they're still there to backstop you.

--
NULL && (void)