[GLLUG] Broadband/cable provider [OT]

Matthew Walster matthew at walster.org
Thu Mar 7 10:02:44 UTC 2013

On 7 March 2013 06:57, Christopher Hunter <cehunter at gb-x.org> wrote:

> Base cost is ~£28 / 28 days.  A&A for the "same" level of service (and a
> significantly inferior connection speed) is >£140 / month.

You could pay A&A £45/month and get 80 down 20 up with a 150GB limit.
That's pretty good.

> Still, back in Finland, I get a real fibre connection into my flat.  The
> down rate is >200Mb/s - actually faster than many machines can handle.
> The cost is just under £7 / month.  That's a truly realistic price, but
> they don't have the infrastructure nightmares that we have in this
> ageing city.

I have been going to Finland for more than 10 years. 20 down 1 up broadband
with Saunalahti was about 25-30 EUR / month last time I went (August) --
and 10 down 1 up was common over there.

Show me where you can get 200Mbit/s for £7/month. Show me the site. I know
of certain (few) apartment buildings that have 100 down 10 up from Sonera,
but they pay a lot more than that ;)