[GLLUG] Mobile Phone

Mike Brodbelt mike at coruscant.org.uk
Sat Nov 2 16:56:43 UTC 2013

On 02/11/13 16:04, Simon Watson wrote:

> The windows phone is actually pretty cool. And  you can pick up the
> 520/521/620 for < £160 these days. Had mine a year and none of the lag that
> seems to accumulate on android.

The Nexus devices solve most of the problems that appear with Android,
which are IMHO usually due to manufacturer skins like Touchwiz or HTC
Sense. The Nexus 5 is very well specced and is great value for money
IMHO, but that's just my opinion. Admittedly, as a Linux user in the
90s, the chance of me ever using something with Microsoft's name on it
is somewhere down in the measurement error around zero, so I may be
biased... When getting a new phone, I think the most important feature
is getting an unlocked phone and a SIM only contract - that gives you
choice and makes it cheaper.

Mike