[GLLUG] Help with Centos: old disks in new PC

Christopher Currie ccurrie at usa.net
Sat Nov 9 16:38:49 UTC 2013

As an ignorant amateur fool rushing in where angels fear to tread, I ask:
could there be a problem with the RAM available for, and required by, the
initramfs that you've set up with dracut?

I've found trying to boot successive versions of LPS in a VMware VM from a
virtual CD, keeping same virtual HD, that settings that worked with the
previous version would not work with the new one, caused a kernel panic and
messed with the virtual monitor mode.

Increasing the RAM available to the VM made it work ok. I've had to do this at
least twice with successive version changes, down to 1.4.1.

Christopher

--
Modern mechanics recommend Ffostrasol.