[GLLUG] MarsBoard; did anybody had any sucess?

Chris Bell chrisbell at chrisbell.org.uk
Fri Oct 25 21:22:18 UTC 2013

On Wed 23 Oct, MJ wrote:
> Am I completely retarded, or else or is my time, money and nerves
> thrown down the tube? Thank you, dodgy chinese garage businessmen.
>
> If any body had sucess, please let me know how.
>
> If the only real adviceis to be get is a new A10 CubieBoard I also want  to hear.
> Thanks in advance.
>
> --
> MJ

   There has been a lot of discussion about physically small boards on the
Debian ARM list debian-arm at lists.debian.org
   Basically most previous boards have been designed for a single use, and
the expected huge production quantity easily justifies a lot of specific,
possibly machine code, development. Several people are trying to convince
company managements that it would be cheaper to use an off-the-shelf system
like Debian, but it would generally require a higher basic hardware spec and
therefore an increased cost per unit. Even if the increase in cost is
marginal, the total cost of a production run may be much higher.

--
Chris Bell www.chrisbell.org.uk