[GLLUG] Debian sources trouble

MJ mirojrsc at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Sep 5 20:38:26 UTC 2013

Hi,
I am new to Debian. I wanted to add repository for Xiphos software for it is not on DVDs.
I have added some lines for Xiphos is maintained for Ubuntu and Debbian and now
Synaptic is throwing this and then closes. ?!?

E: The value 'precise' is invalid for APT::Default-Release as such a release is not available in the sources
E: _cache->open() failed, please report.

!?!

"precise" is not in 'sources.list'
HELP!

Thanks in advance