[GLLUG] Broadband: Bethere -> Sky

John Winters john at sinodun.org.uk
Mon Apr 7 08:25:29 UTC 2014

On 07/04/14 09:05, michael norman wrote:
[snip]
> FWIW I went with BT Infinity and have no complaints whatever, many
> others do I know.

My main complaint about BT Infinity is that our local exchange (about
500m away) has been shown as AO (Accepting Orders) for nearly two years
now, but one still can't order it.  They did the exchange, but they
didn't do the cabinets.  It is apparently impossible to get any
information on when they plan to finish the job.  All the on-line
information concentrates on just the exchanges, so as far as that's
concerned we can get it.

I suspect there's a bit of political manoeuvring going on - they do
enough to be able to claim we are in a FTTC-enabled area, without
actually making it available.  Improves the statistics without actually
doing the work.

John