[GLLUG] Broadband: Bethere -> Sky

Richard W.M. Jones rich at annexia.org
Mon Apr 7 09:52:50 UTC 2014

On Mon, Apr 07, 2014 at 10:44:18AM +0100, James Hawtin wrote:
> Downsides I have seen about SKY:
>
> a) FTTC is now self install, this means all you get in an all in one modem.
>   This could be a good thing in some ways, exisiting FTTC should use
> the openreach modem, where as for self install openreach stops at
> the box.

Is Sky FTTC different from other FTTC?  I had FTTC installed last
month and it wasn't self-install by a long shot.  BT/OpenReach
engineer had to replace the whole line from the pole outside to the
house, drill a new hole in the wall, and fit a new socket.  I have two
boxes: one VDSL2 modem + my own router.

Rich.

--
Richard Jones