[GLLUG] Broadband: Bethere -> Sky

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Mon Apr 7 11:50:02 UTC 2014

On 04/07/2014 10:19 AM, Matthew Copperwaite wrote:

> We were offered £15pm for phone line, TV and broadband and we complained
> when it took them a long time to install the TV so they knocked 50% off.
> No idea how we winged it, but for £7.50 a month for all that for a year
> I'm pretty happy :)

that is indeed a very sweet deal - plus for the first year or so the
network isnt changing so its essentially the same service level ( or so
i hope ).

we've been on the phoneline + anytime deal, with the static ip option,
£33 all told. The best that sky were able to offer was about £45.

With the transition going through now, it turns out that they can indeed
keep my old price.

this is for lightning fast 2.5mbps adsl2+ that we can get here. the
anytime calls to UK and EU as well as the US are well (ab)used here
though - having worked for US based companies the last 3 odd years might
have contributed to that  a bit. And the penchant the US folks have for
conf calls....

--
Karanbir Singh