[GLLUG] Overclockers

John Edwards john at cornerstonelinux.co.uk
Tue Apr 15 12:42:54 UTC 2014

Hi

On Tue, Apr 15, 2014 at 11:59:32AM +0100, James Hawtin wrote:
<snip>
> Yes you do, however I had a situation with Scan who refused to
> accept back a CPU fan, claiming I had "used" it and it was not now
> in a sellable condition (for them means as new unopened), and
> refused my return, I had even got scan sure cover on my order but
> they refused under that to.
<snip>

Again, if within 7 days then you can return under Distance Selling
Regulations.

If not then standard tests of "exceptable quality" and "fit for
purpose" apply.

I understand the point of going to court for a small amount, but just
the possibility of that may be enough to wake up Scan because it will
cost them a lot more that £15 to get their case organised.

Also the "Scan Sure Cover" sounds rather useless because it only
covers "damage during installation":
	http://www.scan.co.uk/scansure/
	http://www.scan.co.uk/scansure/documents.aspx

Which I would expect would probably happen within 7 days of receipt
of goods for most PC upgrades anyway.

It also contains some really dodgy things that could be used to
wriggle out of paying like not covering "inappropriate use",
"breakdown" or "neglect". And also this little gem:

"This policy is for a period of 28 days only and is therefore not
subject to statutory right of cancellation. This policy is
non-cancellable and non-refundable."