[GLLUG] portability and power

Justin Perreault justinperreault at dl-jp.com
Sat Feb 22 11:56:03 UTC 2014

On Sat, 2014-02-22 at 06:49 +0000, John Winters wrote:
> On 21/02/14 23:37, Justin Perreault wrote:
> [snip]
> > All systems are potentially mobile and could be without network
> > connectivity. There is also potential for only one system to be
> > available to all users. They need to operate individually as well as
> > syncing files from each when connected.

> I think you've fallen a little into the trap here of telling us what you
> envisage as the solution to your problem, rather than telling us what
> the problem is.

There is an element of that to be sure. Fluid use of the available
systems has created a "where do I look to define the problem" problem.

Multiple non dedicated systems, multiple users, multiple undefined
locations one defined location. Periodically multiple users are using
the same laptop at a remote location. Need to be able to collaborate at
the level of work on something make it available to a second user +
notify the second user of it's availability. Occasionally, might work on
a copy of the same document from different systems. Email provider
storage to small. System wide encryption. Eventually, encrypted remote
access and email.

I think that covers it.

Hope that helps.

Thanks,