[GLLUG] portability and power

John Winters john at sinodun.org.uk
Sat Feb 22 06:50:33 UTC 2014

On 21/02/14 23:37, Justin Perreault wrote:
[snip]
> All systems are potentially mobile and could be without network
> connectivity. There is also potential for only one system to be
> available to all users. They need to operate individually as well as
> syncing files from each when connected.

Justin,

I think you've fallen a little into the trap here of telling us what you
envisage as the solution to your problem, rather than telling us what
the problem is.

Without knowing what problem it is that you're trying to solve, it's
very difficult to give any useful advice.

You talk about "one system to be available to all users" - by this do
you mean one server which all users are accessing, or one computer into
which all users log in, sequentially or simultaneously?  A shared laptop?

Perhaps a higher level overview of what you're trying to do would help.

John