[GLLUG] Promotion of FOSS

Peter Cannon peter at cannon-linux.co.uk
Tue Feb 25 09:42:44 UTC 2014

On 24/02/14 22:29, Christopher Currie wrote:
> This will no doubt be old hat for most members of the list, but is of
> interest to the above topic (point 10).
>
> http://www.wepromise.eu/en/page/charter
>
> I have views on their other points also, but those are OT.

1. It's not really promotion of FOSS it's number 10 on the list so very much way down on their list of priorities.
2. Isn't this what the FSFE already does?
3. Isn't this what the open document foundation already does?
4. Isn't this what the Electronic Frontier already does?
5. God there's so many of these do-gooders out there!

I could go on but I think you get my point. Actually I did notice that Electronic Frontier and Digital rights group gets a mention on a another site EDRi that links from the "wepromise" site http://edri.org/about/#members I'm always uneasy when you have have to search for who's behind something, makes you wonder if there's something to hide? :-D

--
Regards
Peter Cannon

IRC: dick_turpin @ freenode.net