[GLLUG] Am I over-reacting to this?

Christopher Hunter cehunter at gb-x.org
Sat Jan 18 13:59:25 UTC 2014

On 18/01/14 14:13, Chris Bell wrote:
> On Sat 18 Jan, Christopher Hunter wrote:
>> Why do they bother?  They have no real clue, and their standards of
>> journalism are appalling - it's as if they really don't want to know -
>> the idea of actually learning anything is anathema to them!  Why don't
>> they ask some journalists with some actual technical savvy to contribute?
>>
>> Pah!
>>
>> Chris
>     They might appreciate some subissions from those who DO have a clue,
> about a wide range of subjects. Also some realistic feedback.
>     Needless to say "In Business" is not designed to be a High Tech
> programme, it is a general interest programme aimed at business people who
> do not always know how to switch on a computer.

That may be the case - "In Business" is appallingly bad at explaining
anything even vaguely technical, but so are the rest of the BBC.  It's
all equally bad.

You can be sure that the BBC editorial staff are so worried for their
highly paid jobs that they won't be the slightest interested in external
submissions, no matter how good they are.  They simply don't care as
long as they continue to feather their particularly comfortable nests.

When I worked there (about 35 years ago) there was still some belief in
the Reithian ideals of "Inform, Educate and Entertain" (in THAT order!),
but this current generation of politically naive, intellectually stunted
fools running the BBC are utterly clueless. It's amusing to note that
the senior managers and editors who refused to move, or were surplus to
requirements with the decamp to Salford, are all - to a man - still
unemployed!  This amply illustrates the calibre of the BBC employees
these days!

Chris