[GLLUG] WAS: Re: Am I over-reacting to this?

MJ mirojrsc at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Jan 20 10:27:47 UTC 2014

And /or; While we wait for worse, to Christopher H. and the rest.
On top of our ADSL being wide open .  .  .

I have been saing, and now a further proof internet filter isn't the answer
http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2014/jan/03/david-cameron-internet-porn-filter-censorship-creep

Are we going to loose all free independent news channels including talkblog radio?
--
MJ
"I JUST WANNA DO GOD'S WILL!" -- Dr. Martin L. King Jr.

 That may be the case - "In Business" is appallingly bad at
 explaining anything even vaguely technical, but so are the
 rest of the BBC.  It's all equally bad.

 You can be sure that the BBC editorial staff are so worried
 for their highly paid jobs that they won't be the slightest
 interested in external submissions, no matter how good they
 are.  They simply don't care as long as they continue
 to feather their particularly comfortable nests.

 When I worked there (about 35 years ago) there was still
 some belief in the Reithian ideals of "Inform, Educate and
 Entertain" (in THAT order!), but this current generation of
 politically naive, intellectually stunted fools running the
 BBC are utterly clueless. It's amusing to note that the
 senior managers and editors who refused to move, or were
 surplus to requirements with the decamp to Salford, are all
 - to a man - still unemployed!  This amply illustrates
 the calibre of the BBC employees these days!

 Chris