[GLLUG] Recommendations for an IPv6 capable ADSL/FTTC router

Richard W.M. Jones rich at annexia.org
Wed Jul 2 19:59:30 UTC 2014

On Thu, Jun 19, 2014 at 01:32:09PM +0100, John Winters wrote:
[...]

Better late than never, eh ...

> Billion BiPac 7800N
> Supports IPv6 well.  A little prone to overheating due to poor case
> design, but OK if you prop it up with good airflow.

IPv6 worked fine ... until the router died.  It might have been the
airflow problem you mention, but I have no choice other than to have
it directly on the floor.  I can't really recommend this given that it
had ongoing problems and eventually died.

> Asus RT-N66U
> Claims to support IPv6 but I can find no confirmation that theirs is any
> more complete than TP-Link's.

Nowadays I'm running OpenWRT on an ASUS RT-N16.

It was an a--- to set up IPv6 (mainly, I suspect, because I have an
insanely complex and non-standard LAN configuration), but it does
finally work, and works very well too.

Rich.

--
Richard Jones