[GLLUG] RedHat spooked ?

Richard W.M. Jones rich at annexia.org
Wed Jul 2 21:17:56 UTC 2014

On Thu, Jun 19, 2014 at 09:41:44PM +0100, Alain Williams wrote:
> * Are there any NSA back doors in RedHat - in the same way that
> seems likely with products from Microsoft and other proprietary
> vendors ?
>
> * Do the compiled RedHat binaries reflect exactly the sources that
> they publish ?
>
> * Do any of the RedHat patches generate a NSA backdoor ?

I was reading through the responses here wondering if people are
really taking this -- frankly, nonsense -- seriously?

Anyway: NO there are no backdoors added, by Red Hat, the NSA, GCHQ,
the Illuminati, Microsoft, or anyone else.

Don't believe me because I work for the same evil corporation?  Grab
the sources and check for yourself.  Recompile the binaries from the
sources.  Disassemble Red Hat's binaries.

What's the motivation here?  Why would Red Hat risk putting backdoors
into the binaries or sources, that could be discovered with relative
ease by researchers?  It makes no sense that we would risk our
reputation like this.

Rich.

--
Richard Jones