[GLLUG] RedHat spooked ?

JLMS jjllmmss at googlemail.com
Mon Jul 7 14:03:56 UTC 2014

I was in the Red Hat conference as well, and why surprised me wasn't the
reply (which is what you would expect from a responsible, serious company:
the questioner was asking for a guarantee, those are not given orally by a
schmuck in the middle of a Conference, no matter how much schmuckness he
has, but in writing by the appropriate person) but the question.

The chappie asking seemed to have picked up his concern from hear say from
the non technical press, he didn't have the most basic grasp of SSL
certificates and the like (yeah, he mixed up all those topics into the
question). I said as much in a tweet on the day if you care to look for it.

So coming back to the topic, I am not sure what people expect.

The source code is all there, configure your firewalls properly,
etc,etc,etc.