[GLLUG] Upgrade Fedora 19 to 20?

John Edwards john at cornerstonelinux.co.uk
Wed Jun 11 10:56:15 UTC 2014

Hi

On Wed, Jun 11, 2014 at 11:41:10AM +0100, Mick Farmer wrote:
> What is considered the "current" version of Fedora?

20 is "current" release, 21 in development:
  http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases

> In other words, should I upgrade from version 19 to version 20?

19 will only be supported for 1 month after 21 is released:
  http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_Release_Life_Cycle#Maintenance_Schedule

So you will have to upgrade to 20 at some point in the next few
months. Jumping a release is not usually possible using the standard
tools.

Fedora releases are roughly every 6 months, so each is only supported
for about a year.