[GLLUG] Recommendations for an IPv6 capable ADSL/FTTC router

Peter Grant grantpe at gmail.com
Thu Jun 19 12:55:20 UTC 2014

Hi John,
I am happily using two Monowall systems on VDSL lines with the standard
white BT Openreach modem - which you can get hacked firmware for that could
restore full IPv4 functionality.
I'd recommend you might want to look at a Draytek Vigor 2860n - VDSL
support, Ethernet WAN as well as ADSL/VDSL, failover WAN setups, USB with
support for 3G dongles....it claims IPv6 support but I can't speak for that.
I was helping someone configure a VPN on it in as part of my work. You
should be fine with BT as the BT Shop sells there complete with a claim of
BT Infinity support.
See http://www.draytek.co.uk/products/business/vigor-2860
Peter

"When you have a Swiss Army knife of a mind, everything looks like it
should be dismantled." Danny O'Brien/Merlin Mann