[GLLUG] Recommendations for an IPv6 capable ADSL/FTTC router

Alain Williams addw at phcomp.co.uk
Thu Jun 19 17:52:37 UTC 2014

On Thu, Jun 19, 2014 at 01:32:09PM +0100, John Winters wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I seek some information from the experience of others about so-called IPv6
> enabled ADSL/FTTC routers.  So far I have the following on my list:

2 years ago I bought one of these:

    http://linitx.com/viewproduct.php?prodid=13388

#67 inc VAT.

Or rather the model that was then available a: 751G-2HnD
What is found at the link above looks pretty much the same. I have a FTTC
connection and I use IPv6. It does WiFi. It is Linux based with a custom config.

It works well, I don't have much by way of complaint. Setting it up takes a
little thought and you need to learn the config tools: web and a special purpose
shell that you ssh in to. Understanding iptables helps.

My only disquiet is that I do not have source code to the OS running on it. I
would really like to run something where I could compile/install a version of
Linux or OpenBSD for which I had a high degree of trust.

--
Alain Williams
+44 (0) 787 668 0256  http://www.phcomp.co.uk/