[GLLUG] New broadband connection

Chris Bell chrisbell at chrisbell.org.uk
Mon Jun 23 15:15:16 UTC 2014

Hello,
   I have been connected by UKFSN home broadband for a few years, and they
host my own very simple domain and email. My daytime use is very low because
most of my downloading is done overnight.
   I need to set up ADSL2+ home broadband for my sister, to provide similar
basic email facilities, and perhaps a simple website. She has resisted
getting connected until now, and usage is expected to be fairly low.
   Their website does still say that a fixed IP address will be provided,
but neither the ukfsn.org home page nor the broadband page mention a default
email facility @username.ukfsn.org nor a default website
www.username.ukfsn.org although separate domain hosting is listed at extra
cost. Are they still available for new connections?
   In any case the Buy Now page does not open.
   I may be forced to find some other supplier that can provide similar
fairly reliable services without excessive cost. Any suggestions appreciated.

--
Chris Bell www.chrisbell.org.uk