[GLLUG] Can a AOC VDU be addressed by Linux?

Don Williams buzzy.bonzo at btinternet.com
Mon Mar 10 15:11:23 UTC 2014

Any knowledge? A birthday pressie: Packard Bell (Acer) iMedia desktop pc
running w8.1 with an AOC i2369 full HD 23" LED monitor (using HDMI or
DVI). All very fine, but I want to install Linux.
	I tried (after avoiding secure boot) with Mint 16, but a window opened
to show a report on X.org failing. Too lengthy to write down nor ability
to send it somewhere to allow printing-out. Um.
	Apparently the monitor reads from the AMD E1-2500 APU with Radeon HD
8240 graphics.
	Are there any with experience in this quarter, or how-tos governing
this process, or am I permanently lumbered with windoze?
	TIA, Don Williams