[GLLUG] problem with grub

Ghislain Vaillant ghisvail at gmail.com
Mon Mar 17 08:30:35 UTC 2014

I have had a couple of grub related problems in the past too on my Debian
Sid laptop. The best solution I found everytime was to reinstall GRUB using
a live-USB of Ubuntu. Just boot the Live-USB, chroot to your Debian
partition, re-install the grub package (apt-get install --reinstall),
re-install grub (grub-install /dev/sdX, X being the letter corresponding to
your HDD), exit the chroot and reboot.

Hope you'll eventually fix your problem.

Ghis