[GLLUG] Job Posting? not sure this is the right place but feel free to shoot me down!

Lee Danskin leed at escape-technology.com
Tue May 6 14:37:56 UTC 2014

Apologies if this is the wrong place to issue this sort of mail, I'm the
newbie to the list...

Escape Technology is based in Wardour Street Soho London, we provide
hardware,software and services to the VFX/Games/Design industries.
Most of our clients run a red hat derivative linux install mainly fedora or
centos we have the odd client running ubuntu but most have very
heterogeneous networks with a mixture of OSX and windoze with a mixture of
samba, nfs, afp

We are looking for linux engineers who would be happy to install a usual
linux installation for a small company setup from internet to server
through to workstation desktop with user authentication and mount points etc

We would hope for some knowledge of storage systems and HPC environments
this would be a benefit but not a requirement.

We would look to train the candidate on render-farm setup and software and
configurations/workflows used within the VFX/Games industries.

The applicant would be client facing, doing initial installs and support
queries.

Salary is negotiable dependent on experience, we would be keen to hear from
all levels of individual as we are looking to hire multiple positions
junior mid and senior.

If indeed this is the wrong location for this post or people could think of
a different list that may have relevant like minded linux people then
please point the way..

Thanks for your time.

regards

Lee