[GLLUG] Firefox OS

Matthew Copperwaite mattcopp at gmail.com
Tue Nov 18 20:33:51 UTC 2014

On 18 November 2014 20:22, Alan Pope <alan at popey.com> wrote:

> On 18 November 2014 20:20, Leo <lists at boywithwings.co.uk> wrote:
> > Is anyone here using Firefox OS? I've been using the ZTE Open C with
> version
> > 1.3 for a few months now with only minor annoyances (it was only £40).
> > I'm curious as to others experiances...

I have been enjoying the Firefox OS experience until my Keon's battery
died. Last I used was 1.2. Updates were regular and always brought in new
features. Not been able to use it as my main phone though.

I think it's reasonable to say that geeks are not really the target
audience for Firefox OS. It gives you a good smart phone experience on
something that might have otherwise been a feature phone experience. So if
you're looking for something simple and non-taxing, for example, a majority
of the time doing phone calls and text with some data usage I think it
would work out a great phone. If you want it to do more it is certainly
capable, I know members of this community who use it every day, but I see
it as still rough around the edges for day-to-day use compared to existing
offerings.

Matt