[GLLUG] Default alias for unknown users?

Chris Bell chrisbell at chrisbell.org.uk
Thu Nov 27 16:54:49 UTC 2014

On Wed 26 Nov, Alain Williams wrote:

> On Wed, Nov 26, 2014 at 08:17:11PM +0000, Chris Bell wrote:
> > Hello,
> >    I have several aliases set up in /etc/aliases, but is it possible to
> > create a default alias for otherwise unknown user names to a defined
> > destination? Putting
> >
> > *: destination
> >
> > at the end of the file does not appear to work.
>
> What MTA are you running ?
>
> What you have given should work with exim.

   Thanks for the reply.
   I am using exim4 on Debian Jessie (testing) on a local mailserver and was
trying to check that emails from a supplier to a username specific to that
supplier would be accepted by the mailserver. I ended up adding a specific
alias, and that did work.

--
Chris Bell www.chrisbell.org.uk