[GLLUG] Default alias for unknown users?

Chris Bell chrisbell at chrisbell.org.uk
Thu Nov 27 17:05:33 UTC 2014

On Wed 26 Nov, Martin A. Brooks wrote:

> If that's in the context of publicly addressable mailboxes, then it's a
> bad idea.  Dictionary attacks will always find a willing target.

   I think it used to work, but I would not be surprised if it has been
blocked for exactly that reason. I was considering a second publically
addressable mailserver firewalled from my main network to see how much
random SMTP mail arrives on a fixed IP address without any DNS reference to
that address.

--
Chris Bell www.chrisbell.org.uk