[GLLUG] Audio Production

Leo lists at boywithwings.co.uk
Wed Nov 26 21:42:11 UTC 2014

Heya,

Anyone doing any professional audio or music production under Linux?

I'm primarily a Ableton and Logic user under OSX but I'm currently
investigating using Bitwig Studio for some production work and live
performance. I got it all working great using Jack but non of my audio
interfaces are compatible with Linux (Oh well, its Christmas soon).

Going to install the real time Kernel from Ubuntu Studio soon and see if
that will improve performance. Anyone got any advice about switching
kernels?

There's a PPA available, so it should be pretty easy. I'm running
Elementary OS dual booted on a Macbook Pro.

Thanks
Leo