[GLLUG] Who's around for MozFest? Also possible GNU/FSF/Creative Commons talk on the 1st?

Matt Lee mattl at cnuk.org
Mon Oct 13 02:15:24 UTC 2014

I will be in London on the 1st of November for the first time for the
first time! I haven't been to the UK in ages.

Hi, I'm Matt Lee from Creative Commons and the GNU Project.

In 2007, I left Leeds to move to Manchester, then in 2008, I left
Manchester rather quickly to go to the USA and work on free software
stuff at the FSF. Maybe you saw my short film I made with Stephen
Fry... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dcxtEKShXA or
https://gnu.org/fry

If you're at all interested in what I may say about the following things:

* Free Software
* Free Culture
* The GNU Project
* Creative Commons
* GNU social
* GNU FM or Libre.fm
* Some variation of the above

I'm back in town and I'd like to give a talk in the evening. This is
kind of a brief tour, and I'd like to see you!

Please come. Tickets are free and I'm in need of a venue, but
depending on how many people come I will give my talk pretty much
anywhere.

http://www.eventbrite.com/e/matt-lee-talks-about-stuff-tickets-13619445127?aff=eorg

I will confess to be being rubbish at London and so I really don't
know the place very well at all.

Not in Leeds but still on the list after you graduated or moved? I'm
also going to be in Exeter, Nottingham, York, Manchester and Leeds.
I'll also be in London for a while for MozFest. See all my upcoming
events at: http://www.eventbrite.com/o/matt-lee-7564808561 and please
help spread the word.

Best,

matt