[GLLUG] New printer needed

Tim Woodall t at woodall.me.uk
Thu Oct 16 19:06:49 UTC 2014

The 'only working from root account' is slmost certainly a permissions
problem in /dev/usb (or whereever udev creates the device nodes for
the printer)

Either add yourself to the group that owns the node (easy) or fiddle
with the udev config - harder, especially as the printer and the
scanner almost certainly share the same node.

Tim.