[GLLUG] Sun Ultra 5 for free in West London

John Edwards john at cornerstonelinux.co.uk
Mon Sep 22 15:55:57 UTC 2014

Hi

While clear out the attic I found a Sun Ultra 5 with Sun 5c
keyboard and mouse. This is a pizza box style machine with
a 64-bit UltraSPARC CPU but some PC compatible interfaces
such as IDE hard drive and CDROM. Video output is Sun 13W3,
but most people usually use the serial console. CPU is
either 333MHz or 360MHz, and RAM is probably 128MB or 256MB.

It might be useful to anyone who needs a 64-bit SPARC CPU for
development, but I think will probably be too slow for general
usage as the CPU is roughly the equivalent of a Pentium 2 and
any PC of the past 10 years would be better. It was previously
running Debian as a basic web server.

It's free to anyone who can collect it from Isleworth in West
London before it goes off for recycling in a week or so.
Email me directly for details if you are interested.