[GLLUG] Reinstate CentOS 6 firewall on CentOS 7

gvim gvimrc at gmail.com
Sat Oct 24 11:40:39 UTC 2015

On CentOS 6 I had a fairly complex iptables firewall script which ran
happily from /etc/rc3.d and which I could reboot with a small script:

#!/bin/bash

service iptables stop
/root/fw
iptables -L

After upgrading to CentOS 7 I changed the first line of this to:

systemctl stop iptables

... but the results are erratic. Sometimes it duplicates directives, and
at other times it seems to mixed up with other systemd items. Any advice
on how to get a custom iptables firewall working on CentOS 7 appreciated.

gvim