[GLLUG] Question about software updater problem

jackie menon jacqueline.menon at gmail.com
Mon Apr 25 13:32:15 UTC 2016

Hi there
I am still a novice with regards to Ubuntu.
I am trying to do my software update. I get the message that software is
available to update and am asked if I want to install it. I click install
now and get a box which says "to install or remove software, you need to
authenticate" and asks for a password.
I am not sure which password is required. I have also read on some forum
pages that this is a bug and I should just press the escape key. This does
not work.
I would welcome any suggestions of how to proceed.
Regards
Jackie