[GLLUG] Question about software updater problem

James Courtier-Dutton james.dutton at gmail.com
Mon Apr 25 19:04:43 UTC 2016

Hi,

When you first switch on your computer it should ask for a login username
and password. It is that password that it is asking for. If it does not ask
for a password at power on time, then something called "auto login" is
enabled. You then have to try and remember the password you set when you
installed Ubuntu.

There are ways round it, but remembering the password is the easiest way.

James