[GLLUG] FTTC information?

Chris Bell chrisbell at chrisbell.org.uk
Fri Aug 12 17:33:39 UTC 2016

On Friday 12 Aug 2016 15:45:26 you wrote:

> Chris, I checked my mum's BT Fibre broadband as I mentioned to you at the
> meet-up, but the results unfortunately are inconclusive.
>
> I wasn't getting an IPv6 address but it seems quite likely to have
> something to do with all the hassle my mum has had diagnosing her phoneline
> issues with the BT Broadband people (rather than the BT OpenWorld people)
> and them sending her 3 varieties of router which look like they are all
> daisy chained together.
>
> So just wanted to confirm I had checked but I can't help I'm afraid.
>
> Matt

Hello Matt,
I am getting bounced by gmail, perhaps because mail.ukfsn.org is no longer in
the UK, so trying again via the list.

Thanks for the info.
I eventually managed to get information from Plusnet (owned by BT but run as
an independent company) that they expect to provide DYNAMIC! IPv6 with no
blocked ports, which could be converted to static if they receive a one-off
extra 5.00 payment. Their prices including phone with old number retained
appeared reasonable for an 18 month contract, (but re-negotiate a new contract
after about 17 months), so I gave up on standard BT and have agreed a deal,
although the 10 days before the switch advertised on their website will
actually be over 14 days plus time to set up payments.

--
Chris Bell
www.chrisbell.org.uk