[GLLUG] Wifi router requirements for hosting Linux box on LAN

gvim gvimrc at gmail.com
Fri Dec 9 12:00:55 UTC 2016

I want to host a web app on a Linux box connected to a wifi LAN to
service about 250 people in the same room which could be a large
restaurant or pub. What router requirements should I be aware of before
purchasing hardware? There will be an Erlang chat application running,
some sound file uploads and maybe the odd phone video upload. I'm
concerned about getting the right level of capacity on the router and
what QOS I can expect with that number of users. The Linux box would be
modest as that's not really a concern.

Any router model recommendations would be very helpful.

gvim