[GLLUG] Thinkpad T410 Disk Drive/Hardware problem

Leo Francisco lists at boywithwings.co.uk
Wed Feb 3 01:17:40 UTC 2016

Heya all,

Got my Thinkpad in the end. It's super fast, not used to the SSD
goodness. Been playing around making music with Ubuntu Studio. Loads of fun.

I am having a problem with the disk drive however. The tray keeps
popping out seemingly randomly and make a hell of a lot of noise. I was
messing around taking it out and putting back in again and a couple of
bits came off the case. A small metal L thing and a plastic switch that
was visible on the bottom of the case.

Anyone had anything like this happen before? It's easy to slip in a new
disk drive or HD bay but I'm not sure what to do about the two bits that
came off. I can't even see how they were attached as the case does not
come apart in a way that reveals that part of the computer.

I can link to a pic of the parts if anyone wants.

Any pointers would be great
Leo