[GLLUG] Experience installing Linux with EFI boot

Leo Francisco lists at boywithwings.co.uk
Thu Feb 4 15:23:31 UTC 2016

Hi Benjamin,

Not exactly the same case as you are posting about but on my Macbook Pro
(which has Apple's modified UEFI) I use rEFInd as the bootloader so I
can switch between Ubuntu and OSX. Grub also appears once you boot into
Ubuntu which is probably unnecessary.

rEFInd has never let me down yet but it sometimes disappears with a
kernel/grub update and has to be reinstalled via a terminal command.
Just a head's up. Don't know about secure boot however.
Leo